4 months part time (Sept – Dec)
This Personal Development course educates the whole person, providing the skills and knowledge to participate fully in society and lead a rich, fulfilling life. Leading in Life seeks to develop candidates’ potential as employable, contributing members of society through the development of life skills related to task management, social interaction and self-evaluation.
This course is project based, meaning that students participate in practical work as well as their formal classroom learning.
- Self-awareness, self-reliance, self-esteem and self-confidence.
Self in Society
- Interpersonal skills, such as how to work in a group, being sensitive to the feelings of others and speaking to a group.
Self and Work
- Task management skills, such as planning, organising, prioritising tasks and checking the quality of own work.
- Working on a project.
- Including use of appropriate evaluation techniques, reviewing and target setting.
Jobs & Further study
This course will improve employability skills and provide access to basic level SQA courses, e.g. NQs.
No formal qualifications are required; however, we do ask for the following:
- Two acceptable references.
- Full commitment to the study programme.
- Openness to change and growth.
- The maturity with which to handle the course.
- A financial plan to cover both college fees and living expenses.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:07/09/2018
- Start Time:09:00
- End Date:31/12/2018
- End Time:18:00
- Location:Glasgow Campus