1 year (Sept – June)
This innovative, life-changing and dynamic course is designed to combine essential biblical leadership principles and doctrines with a wide range of practical topics all taught by current practitioners. This course will equip students to walk into their calling with the confidence and skills to pursue and achieve all God has for them. The aim of this course is not only information, but transformation.
The Bible, Biblical Studies and Theology
Leadership and Personal Development
The Kingdom and Kingdom Living
Faith to Live by and Faith to Grow By
The Gospel, Evangelism and Effective Communication
Classes: Thursdays and Fridays 9am – 4.30pm.
You will need to factor in time for personal study and will also be required to attend church, small group and take on a 3 hour serving placement every week. There will be some other occasional weekend and weekday involvement outside of this schedule which will be outlined at the start of the course.
Evangelism & Mission Trips
Throughout the year, students will be required to carry out weekly street evangelism. This is overseen by an experienced practitioner, who provides wisdom, understanding and encouragement to enable students to get the most out this time.
There are also two-mission trips that are required to be undertaken, one within the UK and the other overseas. Students may be involved in practical or evangelistic activities throughout the duration of the mission trips, this is dependent on the need of the location at the time. Destinations for these trips have included Germany, the Czech Republic, Ireland, England and several places in Scotland. The mission trip is a time to deepen friendships, visit exciting new places and practically outwork classroom learning.
- No formal qualifications are required; however, we do ask for the following:
- Two acceptable references.
- Full involvement with a church community.
- A clear statement and experience of personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- A conviction that there is a call of God upon your life.
- Full commitment to the study programme.
- Being fully prepared to serve over and above the call of duty.
- Openness to change and growth, through discipleship.
- The maturity with which to handle the course.
- A minimum age of 17 at the start of the course.
- A financial plan to cover both college fees and living expenses.
Term 1: Thursday 17th September 2020 – Friday 18th December 2020
Reading Week (No Classes): Thursday 15th & Friday 16th October 2020
Term 2: Thursday 7th January 2021 – Sunday 3rd April 2021 (Easter)
Term 3: Thursday 22nd April 2021 – Friday 25th June 2021
Jobs and Further Study
This course may lead to a role within a church or ministry setting and students who complete this are eligible to enrol of the Diploma in Christian Leadership.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:17/09/2020
- Start Time:09:00
- End Date:25/06/2021
- End Time:16:30
- Location:Glasgow, Edinburgh & Online