2 years (Sept – June)
This course’s aim is to equip students with the skills to successfully work in the Christian Counselling field. We teach not only the current theories and concepts used within the counselling field, but we also incorporate the biblical aspect of these theories and concepts and nurture a culture of prayer in the counselling room. The course runs on a part-time basis, one day a week.
Relation Centred Counselling: Stage 1, 2 & 3
Humanistic Counselling Theory
Personal Development in the Counselling Skills Setting
Contemporary Humanistic Counselling Theory
Behavioural and Cognitive Counselling Theory
Working with & Understanding Addiction
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Psychodynamic Counselling Theory
Group Counselling skills
Employer and industry links
This course is underpinned by the BACP & ACC ethical framework. There is no placement required for this course, although peer to peer counselling of up to 20 hours is required.
Jobs & Further study
The HNC may lead to work within an agency, charity or organisation where counselling skills are required.
Candidates who successfully complete this course may apply for HND Counselling.
- NC working with communities.
- NC social sciences.
- NC health and social care.
- Certificate in Christian Leadership in addition to a personal interview and candidate statement.
- Applicants may also demonstrate that they have the potential to meet the academic demands for the course by other methods.
- The maturity with which to handle the course.
- The passion & tenacity to see the course through to completion.
- A minimum age of 18 at the start of the course.
- Satisfactory references.
NB: Applications will be considered from those with no formal application who have relevant life / work experience.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:09/09/2022
- Start Time:09:00
- End Date:21/06/2024
- End Time:16:30
- Location:Glasgow Campus