2 years (Sept – June)
This course’s aim is to equip students with the expertise to successfully work in the Christian Counselling field. This course builds on the knowledge and skill gained during the HNC Counselling. We also incorporate the biblical aspect of these theories and concepts and nurture a culture of prayer in the counselling room. This course has been developed by SQA and is a BACP Approved Qualification and as such may lead to eligibility to apply for membership to the professional voluntary register via BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Psychopathology for Counsellors
Personal Development in a Therapeutic Setting
Values and Principles for Practice
Self-Evaluation for Counsellors
Contemporary Cognitive and Behavioural theory
Group Cognitive and Behavioural Approach.
This course is underpinned by the BACP & ACC ethical framework. There is a placement required for this course where you must counsel for 100 hours. This placement may be in a faith-based organisation, although not essential.
Jobs & Further study
The HND may lead on to further study at University level. Successful completion of this course allows you to apply to for the BACP COP exam.
- HNC Counselling must have been achieved as it has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge of theories and ethics required to progress to the HND level.
- Applicants may also be asked to demonstrate that they have the potential to meet the academic demands for the course.
- The maturity with which to handle the course.
- The passion & tenacity to see the course through to completion.
- A minimum age of 18 at the start of the course.
- Satisfactory references. (one from the college where HNC was achieved if not Destiny College)
- Membership to BACP for the duration of the course.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:08/09/2022
- Start Time:09:30
- End Date:29/06/2024
- End Time:16:30
- Location:Glasgow Campus