2 years (Sept – June)
£900 per year (eligible for SAAS Grant)
This course has been developed by SQA and is a BACP Approved Qualification. The aim of this course is to equip students with the skills to successfully work in the Counselling field. We teach not only the current theories and concepts used within the counselling field, but we also facilitate experiential learning. The course runs on a part-time basis, one day a week.
As this course is a BACP Approved Qualification may lead to eligibility to apply for membership to the professional voluntary register via BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Psychopathology for Counsellors
Personal Development in a Therapeutic Setting
Values and Principles for Practice
Self-Evaluation for Counsellors
Contemporary Cognitive and Behavioural theory
Group Cognitive and Behavioural Approach.
This course is underpinned by the BACP & ACC ethical framework. There is a placement required for this course where you must counsel for 100 hours. This placement may be in a faith-based organisation, although not essential.
HND Year 1: 56 credits
HND Year 2: 88 credits
Jobs & Further study
The HND may lead on to further study at University level. Successful completion of this course allows you to apply to for the BACP COP exam.
- HNC Counselling must have been achieved as it has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge of theories and ethics required to progress to the HND level.
- Applicants may also be asked to demonstrate that they have the potential to meet the academic demands for the course.
- The maturity with which to handle the course.
- The passion & tenacity to see the course through to completion.
- A minimum age of 18 at the start of the course.
- Satisfactory references. (one from the college where HNC was achieved if not Destiny College)
- Membership to BACP for the duration of the course.
Registration Fee: £45
To complete your registration please pay registration fee using as reference your surname followed by HND2325 for example: OWENHND2325
Name: Destiny Ministries
Sort Code: 83-44-00 Account No: 00250281
This course is eligible for SAAS Part Time Fee Grant. To find out more about it visit SAAS website
Classes run one day a week on Thursdays from 9:30am to 4:30pm except during Induction days. Induction is on Thur 14th Sept & Fri 15th Sept from 9:30am – 4:30pm. Students must attend Induction days.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:14/09/2023
- Start Time:09:30
- End Date:27/06/2025
- End Time:16:30