PDA – Addiction Counselling
Part 1 – Understanding Addiction
- 1/11/19, 8/11/19, 15/11/19
Part 2 – Working with Addictive Behaviours
- 14/2/20, 21/2/20, 28/2/20
Part 3 – Working with Substance Misuse
- 5/6/20, 12/6/20, 19/6/20
Aim of this SQA Award
- To recognise the importance of discriminating between addictive behaviours and addictive substances.
- For those working with people in addiction and recovery, who wish to expand their knowledge and qualifications, to be able to do so, with an internationally recognised, as opposed to locally developed, award.
Suitable for Candidates who
- Are currently working, or who have experience, in addiction services.
- Wish to progress from HNC level.
- Have an interest in developing skills in addiction counselling.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work at SCQF level 8.
General Information for Candidates
The PDA Addiction Counselling at SCQF level 8 is a specialist higher level award which offers you the opportunity to further develop your counselling skills in the specific context of Addiction Counselling. It is designed for experienced practitioners who work, or are intending to work, in the field of addiction counselling and will develop specific knowledge and skills related to addiction. It will also help meet your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs. In addition, it provides a progression opportunity from the HNC Counselling. If you have achieved one or more of these Units as part of the HNC, you will be able to count it/them towards the PDA.
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:01/11/2019
- Start Time:09:30
- End Date:19/06/2020
- End Time:16:30
- Location:Glasgow Campus